NFPA 70E: Electrical Safe Work Practices
Course Fee: $400
(10% discount for companies sending 5 or more students)
Upcoming course dates for 2017:
We also offer this course on-site. Contact us for more information.
Greensboro, NC (unless otherwise noted)
You will learn:
- Practical compliance with NFPA 70E Electrical Safety for workers in the workplace
- How to do table based hazard assessments using NFPA 70E
- How to pick PPE based on the NFPA 70E tables
- Differences between the NEC, NFPA 70E and
- PPE do's and don'ts for workers exposed to shock and electric arc hazards
- Standards to use in clothing and PPE selection
- What arc rating, ATPV, EBTAS and EBT really mean to you
Learn changes to revised code:
2015 Edition of NFPA 70E covered!
- Elimination of HRC 0 moving all electrical work into arc rated clothing (non-melting clothing required under AR clothing).
- New RISK-BASED assessment tables with strong requirements for proper equipment maintenance.
- Elimination of PPE for all closed-door operations
- Term HRC is gone. Clothing companies likely to start using ARC.
- Most ARC PPE in tables is raised. No lowering for risk in tables.
- Calculations emphasized. Table's usefulness now limited and requiring less or much more PPE.
- NFPA 70E manual ($65 value)
- e-Hazard student manual ($40 value)
*Approved by North Carolina Board of Examiners of Electrical Contractors for 8 continuing education hours.
Course Length and Time
1 day (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. )
For information, contact W. Jon Wallace at (919) 933-5548 or by